Outer Worlds and Inner Worlds

At Holy Family we are conscious of the Outer world of the Universe and Inner worlds of the biosphere. We are undertaking very important work in ecology by our work in farming some endangered species of native fish. These include the Southern Purple Spotted Gudgeon.

We are breeding this species for the purpose of releasing them into the wild. The next release is on the 28th March near Murray Bridge. You may see a program about us on ABC Landline!

During the holidays, we started constructing a series of four Billabongs in which we shall store and develop populations of these species.

We need to look to the inner worlds of the biospheres to help us to understand the ‘big picture’ which we need to guide our learning.

What do you think?

11 thoughts on “Outer Worlds and Inner Worlds

1. Dear Mr White,

I love how us; the younger generation is able to create a better and sustainable future for us.
    I enjoy the idea of knowing that we are helping species of the world. How we are not just helping our school but the whole of South Australia and beyond.
    I’m so grateful that we have the abilities of having a MUDLA and fish farm in our school, I feel I’m learning and knowing more information about the sea creatures.
    I feel proud that I’m learning and it being beneficial for others to enjoy the world that God desires.

I am so glad that there is a possibility of our school being on ABC landline, it makes me realise the wonderful accomplishments our school has done together.

I’d also love to know more about the ABC landline and what you will talk about when they visit!

Thank you,

Tcross

2. What I like about the fish farm Is that there’s always lots of different fish to write about and because you would get to feed them. Second reason why I like to go to the fish farm is because you would be able to learn so much information about all the types of fish and because there wouldn’t be a reason to search about the types of fish although you would sometimes have too.
    Ann Marie 5/6nb

3. Fish Farm
    Hi Mr White, I enjoy being at the fish farm because I learn about different animals and their different habitats. I really like how there are different animals like sea animals and land animals, I think it’s a great way to teach students about the different animals around us.
    From Mary 5/6NB

4. dear. mr white
    I love the photos that u took all the photos look grate and u are taking good care of the fruits that are growing and u can ask me to help to grow fruits if u want

from Prisha Shrestha

5. ‘I love to see the fish. Fish are one of my favourite animals. I love that I can see them and learn about them at my school every day. I am new at this school and this is very special. My old school did not have a Fish Farm.’ Awoot 2EF

6. ‘I like our Fish Farm because we can help the fish. I really like to see the turtles at my school.’ Hannah 2EF

7. ‘I am so happy that we get to look after all of the fish and help them grow up safely. We can release them back into the wild so that they won’t be endangered. I like the Billabong because it is a place where we can save some endangered fish.’ Raavi 2AB

8. ‘I like going to the MUDLA to see the fish and learn about them too. I love that we get to learn about the fish at our school. We can learn how to protect them.’ Naomi 2AB

9. ‘I like the Fish Farm because we can look at the animals and learn about them. We get to also feed them and help them.’ Paris 2EF

10. ‘I am so happy that Mr White made the Billabongs for out school because now we can learn about the fish and save the endangered fish.’ Liya 2EF