What’s been happening in OSHC

OSHC…

Over the last couple of weeks, the children and educators have been exploring the importance of well-being through our school and OSHC (Out of School Hours Care) values and expectations. We asked families to provide insights into their values at home and as part of their families. From this, we learned that positive connections and relationships are important to the families. Therefore, we aim to support these values through the learning environment.

As part of supporting relationships, we have created a pet wall and a favourite memory wall to build a sense of belonging in the centre. The children and educators are so happy to share. We have been exploring what kindness means through activities such as creating kindness cards for the educators, acknowledging International Words Day.

Over the past couple of weeks, the children within our service have been showing great interest in animals within their surrounding environments. We had extended this interest by creating a sensory. The sensory table included materials such as farm animal pasta, playdough, and plastic farm animals. The children have requested sensory play activities in the afternoon. We have been exploring with different natural materials. The children have been enjoying making and exploring cloud dough and shaving cream, rice creations, and playdough.

Meet Ellise:

Hello, my name is Ellise Maguire, Assistant director at Holy Family Catholic School. I am currently in my final year of studying a Bachelor of Primary Education Honours degree. My passion for learning and teaching young children has been a driving force in my educational journey. I believe in the power of education to shape futures, and I’m committed to being a positive change in the lives of future students.

Looking forward, my aspirations extend beyond the classroom. I find a strong interest in counselling and disabilities, recognizing the impact these fields can have on individuals’ lives. My goal is to blend these areas of study, advocating for inclusive education and providing support to those facing diverse challenges.