Keeping Cool in The Village

Today’s extremely hot weather meant the children were inside at both recess and lunch times. We started the day as normal with assembly by 5/6HM & 5/6AE, learning about the use of different technologies in our school. After assembly we stayed in the hall for GoNoodle to use up some of our energy.

We spent much of our day doing investigations, consolidating our learning from the week. Check out what the children were doing:

“I was making heart with the beads” – Nhial / “I was making a ninja star” – Max / “I used Mr Koala when I made a love heart” – Dimi / “We were making beads with Max and Dimi and Nhial and Sara” – Irin / “I was making a rainbow and I did this point and this point and I gave it to Mr Stramare and he give it to me and he did it. Me and Sonny and filled it” – Sara

“I was making some shapes and I was making a book and I was making a present” – Mikayla

“I was drawing a pig because a pig is funny” – Emily / “I made bracelets and I drew a piggy too” – Charlize / “I made two bracelets and I made an iPad” – Hayley / “I was drawing a picture of trolls” – Scarlett

“We made a Beyblade to play together. We made a blade to verse each other and fight to play. You might burst them, or you might stop them spinning, and you might be still spinning. That’s how you win” – Kobe

“I was making a box racing car with Chase. I’m going to take it to my home. I played with my friend” – Viraj / “I was making a train thing to move with” – Chase

“I was building a castle” – Emily Mc / “I was making a castle with my friend” – Yasha

“I was playing with sand” – Sahib

“I was making a pizza. I put on mine, cheese and pepperoni” – Angie / “I was making a pizza. I put some sauce and cheese” – Ariana / “I was making a pizza. I put olives on my pizza” – Isabella

“I was playing Beyblades with the Lego with Jordan and Jacob. I burst Jordan and then he burst me as well and it was a tie all the time” – James / “When Jordan and me were battling sometimes, Jordan sometimes burst the whole blade of mine” – Jacob / “We were playing Beyblades with Jacob and James” – Jordan

“I was playing Beyblades. I made that with the Lego. That’s Kiet and that’s me. I made a stadium with my feet” – Ethan / “We were playing Beyblades. We made them with the Lego. We made with all different Lego” – Kiet

“We were making Beyblades” – Cooper / “I’m making Beyblades, too” – Vidal

“I was copying the cups. I was putting those all in there” – Sahib

“I was building with Lego” – Awan

“I was painting a butterfly” – Awan / “I was painting legs, animal legs. It is a panda leg” – Adum

“I was building a Lego Beyblade. I won every round because it was so strong, because I kept beating everyone. I put stripes on it and I even put my name on it. Then I transformed it, then I had the challenge, but then everybody bet me because I missed the other Beyblades” – Zac / “That was my first Beyblade I did” – Alexander

“I was the kiddy and I was pretending to go to sleep” – Charlee / “I was playing Teen Titans Go with Declan and me and Charlee and Ravleen” – Alexa / “I was playing kiddies and Charlee was our kiddy and I was the mean guy of the kiddy and I was trying to kill her with the connector blocks, I pretended it to be the knife” – Ravleen

“I was doing a picnic” – Annabelle / “I was having a picnic with Annabelle and her friend” – Eva / “We were having a tea party” – Scarlett

“We were playing Teen Titans Go, we needed to fight bad guys and it was really fun” – Declan

“I was turning to Spiderman” – Bodhi

“I was just having a look at the animals” – Bodhi / “I was looking at the hopping mouse. They were sleeping” – Hendrix

“I was making a car and a boat” – Nyok

“I was playing Beyblades” – Nahom / I was playing Beyblades” – Kalil

“I was playing Beyblades. I was making a big Beyblade. I was spinning it and battling it and making it stronger and making it different shapes” – Alexander

“We made a house” – Khyle / “I was on the laptop, playing games” – Charlize / “I was Charlize’s guard” – Mikayla

“I was playing Beyblades with my friends” – Elnathan

“I was catching fish” – Nelson / “I was fishing” – Annabelle

“I was playing the laptop. When I got the laptop, I need to brush everything” – Sara / “I was stapling the numbers” – Kuch 

We kept cool this afternoon with a range of mindful activities – yoga, colouring and relaxation.

We hope you all have a lovely, restful weekend and enjoy the cooler weather when it comes on Sunday!

4 thoughts on “Keeping Cool in The Village

• Thank you so much for clarifying this Claire! It was quite loud when I was speaking to the children, so it must have got lost in translation. I will update her comment! 🙂

1. Grateful that the kids have the opportunity to stay cool. Amazing day full of learning, experimenting and growing. Thanks teachers.