Storing Your Treasures in Heaven

In Luke 12:13-21 a man asks Jesus to arbitrate in a disagreement over an inheritance between his brother and him. Jesus replies, “who appointed me arbiter or judge between you. Luke 12:14-15. I have always thought that if I was to gain an inheritance it would be a bonus as my parent’s wealth was something that neither my siblings or I were entitled to.
Moreover, I would like my finances to be shared with my family and friends now not after I had passed.

Then Jesus goes on to tell them the Parable of the Rich Fool. There was a rich man who yielded an abundant harvest which led to him thinking how he was going to store his crops? He thought he would build bigger barns which would increase his wealth and lead to him enjoying his riches. I ask myself is my goal material wealth or do I have an expectation that my purpose in life was to use my gifts to make a difference in the lives of all the people I encounter.

Jesus then chastised him saying, You fool! This very night your life will be demanded from you. Then who will get what you have prepared for yourself?’” Luke 13:20 I often reflect on what would be my legacy I would hope that it is that I encouraged people to fulfil their dreams and continue Christ’s mission by living according to the Gospel values.

“This is how it will be with whoever stores up things for themselves but is not rich toward God.” Finally, I believe when we live according to God’s will we see the riches in others which in turn makes us rich.