Asking for a Prediction

When the disciples asked what will be the sign of the coming of age, Jesus said,But concerning that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only.” Matthew 24:36

There are numerous times over the years where I have been asked for a prediction be it the outcome of a sporting fixture or the ending of a television series. I often feel that predictions are fraught with danger and it never resembles the result I forecast. I would consider that for me knowing the future would change my whole dynamic about what I do in the present. Moreover, it is not something I would like to do.

So, by knowing my future it takes the away the element of surprise. There are situations that have evolved in my life that I would never have thought would happen. Personally, I am glad I never knew.

Contrastingly, there are circumstances that have arisen that I have found extremely difficult to deal with. Thus, I was happy that I didn’t know about them beforehand. I am of the belief if I had of known about the future, I would not have coped as well as I was able to when they did occur.

Finally, why did the disciples want to know about the coming of age? Although, it might not be directed about the end times there is an argument they are still asking about future destruction of the temple. The point for me is why do we desire certain conclusions in the future.  My answer is regardless of predictions we always have to wait for the outcome.